How Alexander supports our firm
Alex is a partner at Houser Henry & Syron LLP (“HHS”). His practice focuses primarily on corporate and commercial law, providing services to a broad array of privately owned mid-market companies, start-ups, and partnerships. Alex has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, commercial agreements, and employment law. Alex regularly works with external tax advisors to implement and structure tax-driven corporate reorganizations.
Learn more about Alex and how he supports the firm in this short video.
Alex is known for his practical approach to complex legal problems, delivering pragmatic and timely advice in a calm and approachable manner. With a background in corporate finance, he appreciates that solutions need to address both the business and legal needs of his clients. Alex advises companies in all stages of the business life cycle, routinely advising both domestic companies and foreign entrants into the Canadian markets. Clients appreciate the time and attention that Alex devotes to their needs and understanding their business. He delivers detailed legal solutions, but with an emphasis on addressing the core issues to continue moving projects forward.
Alex began his career at HHS in 2013. Following his return to HHS from working at a leading real estate advisory firm, Alex became Partner in 2021.
Alex received his dual JD/MBA from Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business, graduating with honours in the MBA program. Prior to law school, Alex graduated with honours from the Commerce program at Dalhousie University.
A personal perspective
Alex spends his free time with his family, golfing, at the gym, playing hockey, and planning his future travels.
Areas of practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- General Business Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Corporate Structure and Governance
- Employment Law
- Private Wealth/Estate Planning and Administration
Presentations & Publications
- COVID-19 An Employment Update
- Emergency Order Gives Ontario Corporations Flexibility with Meetings of Shareholders/Members & Directors Amid COVID-19
- Ontario Now Allowing Will and Powers of Attorney to be Witnessed Remotely
- Employee Commission Plan
- Buying or Selling a Medical Practice; A Legal Perspective
- For Valentine’s Day This Year, Strengthen and Secure Your Business Relationships
- Estate Administration Hurdles
- Estate Administration – Non-Resident Executor (Estate Trustee)
- Buying or Selling a Business in Ontario? Don’t Forget About the Employees