We’re the business law firm that understands business is not all that matters.
You’ve built a successful law career, but are concerned that your firm is not adapting to a changing marketplace. You’re uneasy knowing that your hourly rates are beginning to exceed your mid-sized clients’ budgets. You’ve heard firms talk about efficiency and teamwork, but wonder if they are truly any different. You’ve been comfortable in your current role, but don’t want to wait too long before switching to a better alternative.
Houser Henry operates as a true team from our Monday morning stand-up meetings to our monthly socials. We’re an innovative, progressive and inspiring business law boutique with an 80+ year history, located in the heart of Toronto’s financial hub. We build long-standing and collaborative relationships with small and medium-sized businesses across Canada, Europe, Asia and the US on a wide variety of issues.
Join us and do meaningful work for clients while having the support to improve your own long-term private business law practice – within the context of a balanced life.
- To work closely with the owners and managers of mid-sized businesses to help them grow over the long term;
- A chance to develop your own practice while supported by a collaborative team;
- An opportunity to contribute strategically to our firm’s decision-making process and growth;
- A balance between your career and personal life – a healthy balance keeps our team dedicated and productive;
- Challenging and varied work;
- A collegial workplace that respects your ideas and promotes a high level of job satisfaction;
- To know that your contribution will be recognized and valued;
- Competitive compensation;
- An approach that is Collaborative, Respectful, Invested, Improving, Strategic, and Practical: CRIISP; and
- Regular firm and client socials for a chance to mingle in relaxed settings.
Be prepared to demonstrate that you:
- Value integrity, loyalty and flexibility;
- Will share responsibility with all fellow firm members to constantly improve our workplace;
- Will invest your own time to learn about our clients’ businesses and visit their facilities;
- Are committed to lifelong learning and delivering a consistently high standard of service;
- Understand project management;
- Are creative, efficient, motivated, and enthusiastic about the law; and a clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
To start a conversation and learn more about our firm, please contact Michael Henry, Managing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.860.8021.